Diffusion pump PDF's and mounting

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
byron addams

Diffusion pump PDF's and mounting

Post by byron addams »

I have baught an edwards dif pump and was wondering weather anyone knows where to find the manuals it says on the pump that it is an edwards speedi vac EO4 but when i search it stuff comes up for all sorts of diferent dif pumps so if anyone knows where to find information it would be pretty useful.

Also what is the best way for mounting a pump like this that is secure and wont burn anything becauls it doesnot have anny mounting points built in as shown in photos.
Attachments
dif pump 1.jpg
dif pump 2.jpg
dif pump 3.jpg
Trying to keep the magic smoke from getting out.
John Futter

Re: Diffusion pump PDF's and mounting

Post by John Futter »

Mounting point is the top of the pump ie you mount what ever above and pick up mounts with a few of the bolts througth the top flange
you have to keep the bottom of the pump well away from anything inflammable it is very hot ie 250 -300 degrees Celsius.
there is plenty of info on the web for these but the fluid charge is mentioned on the plate Dow Corning 704 or 705 fluid or equivalents from other vendors (particularly cheap from China)
Aidan_Roy

Re: Diffusion pump PDF's and mounting

Post by Aidan_Roy »

Byron,

While I do not have a manual for the speedivac model, I have manuals for both the EO4 and the EO4K model pumps by Edwards. The K is the newer model pump series while the one without is a fair bit older. They have a lot of useful information that will apply to most any diffusion pump so I hope they help.
Attachments
EO2K - EO6K OPS -G- Diff. pump.pdf
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 362 times
EO2 - EO4 diffusion pump -OLD.pdf
(679.61 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”