LCD Vacuum Sensor

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Richard Hull

Re: LCD Vacuum Sensor

Post by Richard Hull »

No matter how good we get at coding. Unforeseen errors, idiot mistakes and the real world typically demand tweaking, especially when we think we have it done perfectly. Tweaking can turn out to be an on going process over time.

I am glad you are finally finishing your work here. Once functional, you have a skill set few ever attain. Turning an idea into a real world device, via study of principles, application of programming skills and practicing the art of electronic interfacing to the real world returning data sought in a readable, recordable form. Yes, and understanding the math needed to be performed on the electrical input and keeping track of the units within the math...This math is rarely difficult, but programming from real world electrical pickups and translating it to good output data, demands some math be performed within the processor.

After a long time away from programming in robotics, I was determined to tackle the Arduino environment when I retired in 2014. That goal has been achieved.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
Nicolas Krause

Re: LCD Vacuum Sensor

Post by Nicolas Krause »

For anyone who wishes to replicate this project, the current files for the PCB along with associated documentation are all included at the following link on my GitHub. The code may require some minor revisions but everything you need to duplicate this project is included there.

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”