Hi from Oregon, USA

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this forum and tell us about your interest. You must use your full real name. We do not allow the used of "handles" and pseudonyms on this site.
BeckyMoore

Hi from Oregon, USA

Post by BeckyMoore »

Hello. My name is Becky, but I prefer to go by BK. I'm 32 and have just seriously started studying nuclear physics. Over my dabbling years I have collected a large amount of textbooks about the topic. The reason I joined this form is to get clarification on the things I don't fully understand about it. At some point I would like to build one that can power a tiny home. Be it for a day or years.
I look forward to the feedback & learning.
John Futter

Re: Hi from Oregon, USA

Post by John Futter »

beckym
welcome

Rex has kindly provided the following for you to correct your account details

When you registered you clicked and accepted the terms that were given on the 1st registration page:
Fusor Forums - Registration

That page contains the same rules as what is listed here:
Board index - Announcements - Announcements and Site Administration Topics
Fusor.Net Policies and Procedures
viewtopic.ph ... 508#p69690

and specifically The Rules: #1
The forum rules require you to use your full name as your username. If your name is John Smith, your UserID (i.e. login handle) must be John Smith, or John_Smith. This is the name that will appear in the forum listings. “JSmith” or “JohnS” or “JS997” or “handles” like “MrFusion” or “ProtonBoy” are NOT permitted.

Also there is: The Rules: #2
New members are required to introduce themselves in the "Please Introduce Yourself" forum prior to posting elsewhere on the site.

You have not complied. Please change your username to comply.

Changing your Username

Here's how:
Login to the board
click your current username in the upper-right of the main page and select User Control Panel from the pull-down
In the tabs at the top, select Profile
At the left column, select Edit account settings
Edit the Username: field to be your full name
Type your password in the Current password: field (near bottom of page)
Click Submit button at bottom
Note: After you change Username, the new name becomes what you use to login to the Forum. Your password should remain the same.
I also suggest adding a Location to your profile. It can help to know generally where a member is in the world to adjust a response to them. I have used my City and State, but if you are worried it could be more general -- just State, something like Central USA, just your Country is better than nothing.

Adding a Location
(Skip the first 3 steps if you are already in the Profile section from doing the Username update.)
Login to the board
click User Control Panel near the top of the main page
In the tabs at the top, select Profile
At the left column, select Edit profile
Edit the Location: field
Click Submit button at bottom
This Location information will appear in the right column, under your name, when you post.
John Futter

Post by John Futter »

Thanks for fixing things Becky
Aaron Brown

Post by Aaron Brown »

Hello BK, from one Orgonian to another. Though I am a transplant from anotger state, I choose to call this one home. = )

Return to “Please Introduce Yourself”