10,000 posts!

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Richard Hull
Site Admin

10,000 posts!

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:22 am

Kind of a milestone for me and possibly a millstone for others here.

This thing got started in 1998 and still going strong, thanks to the good offices of the perfesser, (Paul Schatzkin), who started the ball rolling. I am honored to have been part of it from the first week of posting until today.

I just wish all here who are recent arrivals could have enjoyed the many who were here over the years and contributed as much or more than I did at the time. To name them would mean nothing to the newbies, but they have contributed over many years and then, ultimately, moved on. A few of the great contributors are still here and contribute as needed when they see fit.

I am glad that a lot of the ex-newbies are still around and helping out, taking up the slack, acting as the new information sharing stars here, as well.

It is not about me, my number of postings or the old boys or even the new stars....It is all about sharing and expanding the knowledge base in the rarified atmosphere of amateur fusion.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

David Kunkle

Re: 10,000 posts!

Post by David Kunkle » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:32 pm

For some reason, I noticed about a week ago you were coming very close to the 10,000 post mark. I was prepared to post something in regards when you hit that mark, but I see you've gone a few over and beat me to it.

Anyways,

Congrats on 10,000 (useful) posts, and thank you for your contribution.
If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment.

Ernest Rutherford

richnormand

Post by richnormand » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 pm

and many more!

I have appreciated your contributions, encouragements and help very much over the years.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Steven Sesselmann

Post by Steven Sesselmann » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:03 pm

Professor Richard,

Congratulations and thanks for all the knowledge you have shared with me and others over all these years.

Hopefully this forum will continue to inspire new scientists for many years to come.

Steven
http://www.gammaspectacular.com - Gamma Spectrometry Systems
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Steven_Sesselmann - Various papers and patents on RG

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:47 pm

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Peter Schmelcher

Post by Peter Schmelcher » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:42 am

Richard you’re a real mensch.

The wealth of FAQ makes it plausible for (some) others to liberate neutrons on there own. The posts even give the illusion that it’s straight forward – it ain’t. The knowledge needed is both wide and deep, goes the same for skills, and that's when you can read about it in one place.

Answering of all the newbie questions alone is next to Sainthood.

Looking forward to new posts

Thanks
-Peter

Frank Sanns
Site Admin

Post by Frank Sanns » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:31 am

Congrats Richard! I also saw it coming up but traveling for over the last two weeks had me lose track.

While I was reading and scrounging shorty after this site started, I did not register and post my progress until a year after you. I only have 1,500 ish posts so at this rate it will take me 75 years to catch up to you.

Dennis P Brown

Post by Dennis P Brown » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:15 am

Wow, that is amazing! Thank you for those posts and this forum - without it, I never would have had a chance to do fusion; how you did it so long ago in the predawn age of the internet...lol...just kidding; back when no one had much information really does demonstrate exactly how skilled and knowledgeable you are and remain. Congratulations and hope you get another 10,000 even faster!

Richard Hull
Site Admin

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:40 am

As noted above in my original post, I am probably the oldest and longest poster still standing here. In spite of my number of posts, there are many other key players who came and contributed in mighty and meaningful ways as this venue matured and are now gone. Just as important are the numerous other "old boys" who are still here after many years who are valuable, regular contributors, giving of their time and effort to impart their own specialized knowledge.

Richard Hull