FAQ: Complete fusor diagram

If you have a question about this topic, the answer is probably in here!
Richard Hull

FAQ: Complete fusor diagram

Post by Richard Hull » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:37 pm

Attached is a diagram of the complete fusor hookup for a deuteron fusing fusor. Demo fusors can do away with the neutron counter and all deuterium gas handling sections.

The TV camera monitoring system is optional.

The wiring details are covered in the High voltage and power forum over numerous postings and FAQs there.

This image has been in the "newbie" section at the introduction portal, but few newbies have bothered to consult it and constantly demand this info. I have posted it in the High voltage and power fourm as well.

Richard Hull
Attachments
fusor_schematic.jpg
fusor_schematic.jpg (39.66 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Clayman

Re: FAQ: Complete fusor diagram

Post by Clayman » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:36 pm

hey, cool i've looked at the newbie area, but was still unsure on how to make a reactor. thx
Logan~

Brian McDermott

Post by Brian McDermott » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:47 pm

Unfortunately, that is not a question that one can answer in a few words. Look around on the forums a bit at old messages, and at some of the websites listed in the newbie section. The forums have a search function, which can be found at the top of this page.

Also, introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" forum and tell us a bit about yourself and what you want to do. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:51 pm

A picture is still worth a thousand words.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Gianluca Sarti

Post by Gianluca Sarti » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 pm

hey i'm trying to build a fusor and i have a question.
what does the "trap" in your diagram leading to the vacum pump do and why is it important

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:36 am

Most all fusioneers never use a "fore-line trap". It is part of any real professional system and is included as an "ideal" item to have in a vacuum system.
The trap is there to keep mechanical pump oil vapor out of the secondary pump. The secondary pump is either a diffusion pump or a turbo pump.

I am attaching a fusor vacuum system image of the type most often used today. Some people do not use a diffusion pump and replace it with a more modern turbo-pump. You must have one or the other in addition to the mechanical pump.

Richard Hull
Attachments
Vac system.JPG
Very basic diagram of modern fusor vacuum system

Gianluca Sarti

Post by Gianluca Sarti » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:32 am

Big thanks to you Richard Hull