Straw Poll / Proposal for San Francisco Area mini-meetup

Announcements and items of immediate importance.
Rex Allers

Re: Straw Poll / Proposal for San Francisco Area mini-meetup

Post by Rex Allers » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:09 am

Not a big success, but Joe, Rich and I are still planning to meet at Pedro's Wed evening. Joe is normally in So Cal, so this is a good reason to continue with this one. Anyone else is still welcome to join.

Hopefully, more SF Bay area folks can get together at some future time.
Rex Allers

Rex Allers

Post by Rex Allers » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:22 pm

Joe Gayo, Rich Feldman and I did get together for dinner Wed. evening. Hmm, we probably should have taken a pic, but didn't.

It was great to see each other and chat. A small meeting, Richard, but at least some connection on the west coast at last.

I was very impressed with things Joe had to share. Not only did he build a successful fusor in less than two months, he had a well thought novel approach and has done lots of research and has interesting ideas about the physics. (Actually, much of it beyond my current level of real understanding.)

I think he should be a welcome contributor here. Hope he can find time to share more ideas with us.

Joe lives in Los Angeles area and won't be around for meetings in the SF bay area but hoping we can find some time that works for more of us to meet in a short while.
Rex Allers

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:31 pm

I am glad you guys had a chance to get together and have a true, verbal exchange of ideas and comments among yourselves.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Rich Feldman

Post by Rich Feldman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:08 pm

Flea market season is almost upon us. Opens Saturday, March 9, at Fry's in Sunnyvale. https://www.electronicsfleamarket.com/
I'll join Ian in inviting readers to meet for lunch after the show.
p.s. Who wants NST's, variacs, vacuum hose, graphite plates, or old oscilloscopes?
Mike echo oscar whisky! I repeat! Mike echo oscar whisky, how do you copy? Over.