Blast from the Past: TCBOR Videos!!!!

Use this forum to offer / scavenge for fusor parts
Dave Xanatos

Blast from the Past: TCBOR Videos!!!!

Post by Dave Xanatos » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:20 pm

Long time since I posted here, lots of projects done, many more in progress. Making room for new projects, clearing out my old video library and came across FOUR TCBOR (Tesla Coil Builders of Richmond) Video tapes! Not sure if anyone wants them, but they're up on eBay in the hopes that someone can learn from them. They are still fantastic resources. For the few on here who may be too new/young to remember, TCBOR was where Richard Hull started his ventures into High Voltage many years ago... I've been learning from this man for decades!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383013179037

Titles are:
The Tesla Magnifier
Magnifiers II: Construction Tips
Tesla Power Transformers
The Tesla Capacitor

And a Bonus Video: Tesla's Longitudinal Electricity

I hope these help someone else learn more deeply about this amazing hobby - and acquire some foundational knowledge of high voltage practices.

Dave Xanatos

PS., My Fusor is still in occasional operation as I continue to tinker and improve on it in between other projects.
It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money! - Professor Farnsworth/FUTURAMA

Richard Hull

Re: Blast from the Past: TCBOR Videos!!!!

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:24 am

I like the salutation at the end of your post. I remember this statement by Farnsworth. How prophetic. Flaming dump trucks of money are already spent and no fusion. Perhaps Farnsworth under stated what would be needed to do fusion for net gain and power production.

As for the tapes, the VHS tapes, a total of 60 - 2hour report tapes and the 10 educational 2 hour tapes, were produced from 1989 to 2000.
While I still get a request now and then for a few of the reports and educational series, they are now only available on DVD.

The tapes ended when the TCBOR morphed into the HEAS circa 2000.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.

Dave Xanatos

Post by Dave Xanatos » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi Richard!

When you read the salutation, did you hear it in Professor Farnsworth's voice? :)

Thanks for the info on the videos. I haven't posted to the board in a while but I stop by to poke around and see what's new and who is doing what every few months. My attentions over the past two years have been mostly focused on home upgrades & repairs. New roof, new porch, new deck, gut & renovate my living room, build a shed, clean out the garage....... little projects like that! :)

I hope you've been well and enjoying your "eternal Saturday" retirement.

Dave
It would take decades of work, by thousands of scientists, in a particle accelerator powered by dump trucks of flaming grant money! - Professor Farnsworth/FUTURAMA

Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:18 pm

I think I read the Farnsworth comment somewhere in my distant study of his effort in the late 90's and early 2000s.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
Retired now...Doing only what I want and not what I should...every day is a saturday.