Fusor Reactor

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
GMacDonald

Fusor Reactor

Post by GMacDonald »

see Attached Word Doc

Thanks
DG MacDonald
Attachments
Reactor_Proposal.doc
(411 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
HighVoltageFox

Re: Fusor Reactor

Post by HighVoltageFox »

Seems like a hell of an under taking. It seems sound to me, but thats not saying much... It would be interesting to see if you use cement that way...

Andrew
GMacDonald

Post by GMacDonald »

Hello Andrew

Indeed a hell of an undertaking , but seeming sound is a good place to start . The cement ( Binding agent ) has so many manufactures with various properties . The one thing they all have in common is that they must cure slowly in a vacuum to remove air for high temperature applications .

The spray on technique over a wire mesh is currently used in the manufacturing of In ground swimming pools and the spray equipment is common
Greg MacDonald
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Greg - this is truly an ambitious project. Just have one observation regarding your proposed plan. A magnetic field will not cause an electron flow. A CHANGING magnetic field will create a potential in space, which, if there are either ions, or electrons present, will in turn cause them to move at right angles to the field direction. A solenoidal field as shown in your drawing, will cause spiraling motion of charges in the conductor. If the exciting current in the magnetic is alternating polarity (AC) you will get what are called eddy currents in the conductor. If that region is an ion cloud, the EM fields will produce spiralling motion.

I would also be cautious about the power in -power out figures quoted by the big fusion projects. They tend to be more than a little inflated.

Dave Cooper
GMacDonald

Post by GMacDonald »

Hello Dave .. indeed ambitious project
I have been under the impression that a strong magnetic field will increase the Conductivity of an insulator, I will have to look that up again and will get back to you …. I think electronic is preferred way to control lightening in a bottle.
Mechanical will work , but a servo , only if forced too

Timing it at 10 meters diameter (standard 5000 M ^ 3) is going to be pushing it, but workable.

I have read Richard Hulls recent paper on power in -power out … and maybe
the only true proof is a mushroom cloud in the desert and fired from a remote bunker
Hummmm maybe the military has a spare LNG Tank kicking around : - )

Greg MacDonald
Donald McKinley

Post by Donald McKinley »

Greg,

Have you developed an expectation of what frequencies you would like to try, and what theory you would use to arrive at those frequencies?

Don
GMacDonald

Post by GMacDonald »

Hello Don

The system frequency is dependant on the vessel radius and the velocity Of sound in wet steam plus the chamber settling time after last ignition The velocity of wet steam is approximately 400 m/sec

See this great little site
http://www.allmeasures.com/Formulae/sta ... fsound.htm

The large volume of the chamber and resulting high mass of the steam outside The main focal area will act as a good damper from the last ignition . As I understand the nature of electro static’s in a confined space , It has a natural self organizing effect which will further increase the dampening effect .

Last but not least is the firing controls , I thinking hitting two hundred Hertz is pushing it

Greg MacDonald
GMacDonald

Post by GMacDonald »

Greetings Dave
With regard to your question on controls , I found a paper on the effects of fields and insulators from Journal of Applied Physics … Not the paper I remembered , but Their experiment lends it self better for manufacturing.

Flat surfaces in high pressure gas and can be tailored with surface finish.

Modification of electric field at the solid insulator–vacuum interface arising from surface charges on the solid insulator
A. Sivathanu Pillai and Reuben Hackam
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9B 3P4
(Received 1 June 1982; accepted 20 October 1982)

http://scitation.aip.org/getabs/servlet ... s&gifs=yes

I will be posting shortly an experiment as out lined by R Hull 's paper " Skills & technologies " ( great paper )... Designed for home gamers with out a CNC

Fusoneers ...lets fuse : - )
DG MacDonald
Dave Cooper wrote:
>
> Greg - this is truly an ambitious project. Just have one observation regarding your proposed plan. A magnetic field will not cause an electron flow. A CHANGING magnetic field will create a potential in space, which, if there are either ions, or electrons present, will in turn cause them to move at right angles to the field direction. A solenoidal field as shown in your drawing, will cause spiraling motion of charges in the conductor. If the exciting current in the magnetic is alternating polarity (AC) you will get what are called eddy currents in the conductor. If that region is an ion cloud, the EM fields will produce spiralling motion.
>
> I would also be cautious about the power in -power out figures quoted by the big fusion projects. They tend to be more than a little inflated.
>
> Dave Cooper
Javier Lopez

Post by Javier Lopez »

the tesla generator is now renamed as Homopolar Generator. The bigest was buit at australia
GMacDonald

Post by GMacDonald »

Javier Lopez wrote:
> the tesla generator is now renamed as Homopolar Generator. The bigest was buit at australia

Thanks for reminding me about the Homopolar , haven’t look at it in Years . I usually pass over designs that need exotic materials unless Forced too. Neodymium and , Mercury were required for next proposed generation ( project scraped )

As a point of interest , its referred to as a Faraday Homopolar not Tesla Generator .

I am a big fan of Electro static generators for 300 KV and greater eg. Van de Graff and the Nikola Tesla Sectorless Wimshurst … there is no need for special diodes ( $$$) and are by design well insulated.

One of the more passionate researchers in Electro Static machines Is Dr. Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz in Brazil . Great site and has models going Back to the 1700’s
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/electrostatic.html

I have been recently reminded by DR. R Hull of the dangers of such High voltages X RAYS … safety first !!!

DG MacDonald

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”