The Harmonic Theory and Cymatics

This forum is for other possible methods for fusion such as Sonolumenescense, Cold Fusion, CANR/LENR or accelerator fusion. It should contain all theory, discussions and even construction and URLs related to "other than fusor, fusion".
Richard Hull

Re: The Harmonic Theory and Cymatics - Jon DePew?

Post by Richard Hull »

Can we all say "word salad"? I know Frank Sanns can. There is a big difference between a well written, comprehensible, but long running diatribe and a word salad. A word salad will use odd terms, self generated, unknown acronyms and place the reader on a perhaps deliberately misleading and obfuscational, verbal, merry-go-round.

A beautifully crafted word salad will convince all but the most skeptical and adroit, that the author is very intelligent and leave the reader no more informed than when starting, but with distinct impression that they have read something of worth and technical value.

Word salad, is a psychiatric term. I once new a doctor who was in my astronomy group. We once had a vistor who was a bit "off", but who could speak in word salad with some effortless grandeur. I was shocked, amazed and amused. The doctor told me that this was a condition that some people suffered from in that they conversed in meaningless "word salads". The psychiatric "salad" is often truly meaningless and incomprehensible and uses big words and jargon. I consider myself blessed when in the presense of someone who can do this in real time, but damned when forced to attempt to wade through a supposed paper of scientific or technical value and find the author doing this, often in an attempt to mislead or obfuscate.

The URL reference supplied here was obviously an attempt at the latter elegance, but falls on its face, along with its author before all but the most gullable. I love this stuff and marvel at these people when ever I meet them in person. Fortunately, it is not all that often.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
JosephBlow

Post by JosephBlow »

I won't defend Mr. DePew's "word salad" - however, the Coral Castle is an interesting feat. It's a bit inexplicable, dare I say a modern mystery? How did a man with supposedly a "4th grade" education engineer it? I doubt many on this board could build a decent woodshed by hand using the latest kits from their local hardware store. If you need to move your couch down a flight of stairs, I'm sure you call your brother or your neighbor to help out. How did "Ed" do it with a 15 ton coral rock? At least Jon gave it a shot even though he wanders into tossing a nicely mixed "word salad". I suppose a person can spend a little time with a good 3-D program, make a few intricate patterns with Ed's two shapes, and then explain how he rediscovered an ancient secret so simple it was overlooked by millions. It's a fairly clever idea and is one of but best ones I've seen so far - even tops approaches with infrasound waves. The engineers can't come close to Coral Castle yet without a huge crane. Perhaps Jon'll have the last laugh after all.

You might get a chuckle out of the real deal himself. Here are Ed's own words:

Words from Ed Leedskalnin / Regarding Magnetic Currents

1.All branches of science lack a sound base.

2.Physicists are using one sided equiptment to chase
the non existing protons and electrons.

3.Geologists do not know what gravitation is ,
and what causes earthquakes and mountains.

4.Astronomers do not know what cause the seasons.

5.Millions of people all over the world have been fooled
,including myself ,by wrong drawings in geography
books,in showing how the Earth's yearly path around the sun causes summer and winter. In fact the drawings are wrong. I was lucky I made a rock telescope and sundial,and they defooled me.
Now I know the right path the Earth follows.The scientists should come to Rock Gate and have a good look at the new drawing , telescope and sundial
, then notice how it would affect science.

6.Radio waves are not waves; they are North and South pole individual magnets which are coming out of a
transformer of the secondary windings coil ends,one half going up in the air and the other half in the ground
in increasing and decreasing numbers. The numbers are regulated by the transmitting tube ,and the speed by voltage.The magnets are not running up to the ionosphere and down again, but are running "HORIZONTALLY" until they are lost. Those magnets which go up to the ionosphere never come back as radio waves to the reciever, they only cause the ionosphere magnets to come back to Earth as radar waves.Magnets do not run in the way the radio wave drawings show.

Oh...by the way, there is an Electrical Engineer that Jon links to on his site a certain John Compton who studies the IChing. (http://www.ichingmaster.co.uk./4598.html)

"In brief, you should know the following about me: I am an Electrical Engineer by Profession. My research began some twenty years ago and has been continually up-dated ever since. My speciality is in the area of Mathematics and Computers."

http://www.coralcastlecode.com/id2.html
JosephBlow

Re: The Harmonic Theory and Cymatics - The Bee Question

Post by JosephBlow »

It seems Bees have Magnetite in their cells:

http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/ask/a11651.html

Back in 1974, R. Blakemore at the University of New Hampshire uncovered a remarkable trick that certain species of fresh water bacteria seemed to share. As they grow to maturity, each of them creates within their single-celled bodies nearly two-dozen pure cubical crystals of magnetite. Like pearls on a string, the crystals are oriented along the long axis of the bacterium. By some evolutionary process we can't imagine, primitive organisms somehow grew a single crystal of magnetite, perhaps as an annoying byproduct of eating. As these crystal 'excements' accumulated, the host became more efficient in finding its way to new locations rather than spinning around and around in the dark. Whatever the process, lowly bacteria managed to beat humans to the discovery of the magnetic compass by, oh, about 3 billion years! (ref = Sci Am, 245, p. 58 1981)

Using magnetite as a clue, scientists have thrown many different organisms under the microscope, and many organisms have now been found to have at least some kind of magnetite embedded in them including homing pigeons, tuna, honey bees, dolphins, whales and green turtles. Searching for such a magnetite compass among the billions of cells of an organism is far worse that searching for a magnetic needle in an organic haystack.

The story has become legendary about how homing-pigeon rallys are note held during times when geomagnetic conditions are unstable.

But how, exactly, does an organism 'sense' which direction magnetite crystals are pointing inside them? How do You know which way ....The most telling juxtapositions seem to be found in mammals. In 1982 Maugh wrote an article for Science "Magnetic Navigation, an Attractive Possibility' (Science 215, 1492.) detailing how microscopic examination of the magnetite crystals turned up some kinds of nervous tissue. Three years later, a complete book was written on "Magnetite Biomineralization and Magnetoreception in Organisms (Plennum Press, NY, 1985) by Kirchvink, Jones and Mac Fadden.
DaveC

Post by DaveC »

Just scanned through the coralcastle site... with all the pictures...

Strange...one wonders why, if there is something in a picture that all should see and understand, it is shown with indescipherably poor resolution. I enlarged some of the mysterious drawings to full screen and still could not make out a single intelligible pattern or character.

A short story:
We used to have more than a few of this sort call on us at the power company during times of energy crises. The folks are usually always entertaining, and often good natured.. but utterly incomprehensible.

I remember a meeting with one gentleman.. a PhD.from MIT as he represented himself, who came to discuss "Magnetic Waveguides and Solar Energy"... Brought with him a large roll of blueprints..(about what we never knew), a short length of square steel tubing, and Misener,Thorne, and Wheeler's huge book Gravitation - which had a paper clip in nearly every page!

I and a colleague and the gentleman went into my boss' office for the meeting. As the man spoke, my head began to spin... we went from inside the atom to outside the universe in just seconds and as easily as going to the coffee machine. ( As Richard says... it was spellbindingly fascinating stuff.)

I watched my boss (an excellent Physicist) taking this all in with a twinkle in his eye, great interest and solemnity, and was beginning to wonder if I was missing something, when my colleague leans over and says "Do you understand anything he is saying?" To which I replied ."I think he's as nutty as a fruitcake."

After a good hour of this, my boss finishes up by phoning a former associate in another company to tell him he had someone he was sending over to talk to him, and then gave the gentleman the name and address of the person on the phone.

After I saw him, blueprints, book and tubing off to the elevator, and safely headed to the ground floor and out, I met my boss at the coffee machine, where he said to me "Did you understand anything he was talking about?" I replied as before...that I thought he was wacky.... Then the boss says to me ," Let me tell what I just did. I have been wanting to get back at that guy ... (his former associate) for years for something he had done. So I sent this fellow off to see him."

Those were times that made your whole day...sooo simple afterward. We had an entire file cabinet full of these ideas and proposals.. We referred to it as "File 51".

Dave Cooper
Richard Hull

Post by Richard Hull »

Beautiful Dave! Your boss reminded me of a Monty Python skit where John Clease is a bookstore owner and a particularly annoying, nasal sounding customer is in his shop asking for bizarre and absurd titles, all of which, Clease has never heard. On about the 30th request, Clease realizes that this will go on interminably and says " I tell you what....Why don't you try Wilby Marks & Sons, they've got a lot of books, too, you know." to which the man says, "They suggested I try you". To which, Clease, with a scowling voice, twisted face, while biting his lip and clinching his fists, says.........."Oh....Did they......" You could see he was registering this as an unspoken, " that's one I owe them now", vendetta.

Yes, sometimes inorder not to hurt feelings, one must occassionally deflect the flying, unthinking arrow to another supposedly more interesting target of opportunity.

Unfortunately, as I am now the head of the North Carolina based Electric Spacecraft Incorporated, I have to use this tactic more frequently. Though, as I become more jaded, I fear I may loose some patience in future. With a name like this, you can only imagine some of the inquiries.

Still, with each rejection, you can't help but wonder if one of the hair-brains you sent packing has it right at some level you didn't comprehend. And, perhaps, one day, your single claim to fame will be akin to being the man who single handedly kicked that weirdo, Issac Newton, out the door and threw his incomprehensible "Principia" right after him.

We all seem to have our term being lashed to the mast.

In the end, we can only apply reason, logic and training to discern, at range, that which seems viable and worth pursuit. Distant visions are for true visionaries and loons. (On a ratio of 1 to 1 million, respectively.)

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment
JosephBlow

Re: The Harmonic Theory and Cymatics

Post by JosephBlow »

http://www.stanford.edu/~afmayer/docs/L ... Signed.pdf

http://www.stanford.edu/~afmayer/docs/L ... Signed.pdf

http://www.stanford.edu/~afmayer/

The 80-year-old Geoffrey Burbidge, a veteran foe of orthodox cosmology
who calls himself an “elderly radical,” said he’s unsure what such puzzling
discoveries as HUDF-JD2 mean, but they don’t particularly surprise him.

Some recent publications on the Burbidges' work noted above in an earlier post.

Return to “Other Forms of Fusion - Theory, Construction, Discussion, URLs”