Mathematical Model

It may be difficult to separate "theory" from "application," but let''s see if this helps facilitate the discussion.
Ryan

Mathematical Model

Post by Ryan »

Hi,
I have begun work on a fusor, being a mechanical engg student, im trying to approach this project in an engineering point of view. I have finished work on my cad models and am starting with structural and thermal analysis, but the professors i have approached for help have asked me to prepare a Mathematical model also, could anyone help me with some tips in this regard .I'd be very grateful.
Thank you.
JonathanH13

Re: Mathematical Model

Post by JonathanH13 »

It depends how deep 'down the rabbit hole' you want to go. There are some very powerful software packages out there, such as OOPIC Pro 2.0.2, which is a 2-d particle-in-cell (PIC) simulator designed to model plasmas, beams of charged particles, etc. (one month free trial?).

Alternatively you could try and do it yourself, starting with something 'simple' like writing code that implements the Lorentz force equation to model particle trajectories within electric and magnetic fields.

Also search this forum - it is loaded with more equations than would fit into any respectable plasma physics text book...
Edward Miller

Re: Mathematical Model

Post by Edward Miller »

and simion!
http://simion.com/

Return to “Fusor and/or General Fusion Theory (& FAQs)”