HPGe gamma spectrum of spent nuclear fuel from Chernobyl

This area is for discussions involving any fusion related radiation metrology issues. Neutrons are the key signature of fusion, but other radiations are of interest to the amateur fusioneer as well.
Richard Hull

Re: HPGe gamma spectrum of spent nuclear fuel from Chernobyl

Post by Richard Hull »

I just talked to two people I know who know Bionerd and they have heard from her recently. One talked to her on the phone only 4 days ago. She is fine, in good health. No problems. She is taking a break from you tube. I can't blame her either. She's done a great job of cataloging hot areas and has found a lot of really fun rad debris.

So, no rad issues at all. like I said, zero victims of Chernobyl who haunt the place regularly finding cool, hot rad debris. They are rad-wise.

For the general public, It remains a very popular nuclear tourism site for many hundreds each year. Kind of an adult Disney Land. Tour buses bring folks there all the time to visit at the center of the "exclusion zone" right near the dead reactor, (now double covered), and they can take a stroll through Pripyat. No problems at all.

Richard Hull
Progress may have been a good thing once, but it just went on too long. - Yogi Berra
Fusion is the energy of the future....and it always will be
The more complex the idea put forward by the poor amateur, the more likely it will never see embodiment

Return to “Neutrons, Radiation, and Detection (& FAQs)”