mounting CF components

Every fusor and fusion system seems to need a vacuum. This area is for detailed discussion of vacuum systems, materials, gauging, etc. related to fusor or fusion research.
Werner Engel

mounting CF components

Post by Werner Engel »

I was always looking for a usable and flexible method to mount the new components of my ion-source. The issue was that it has be isolated and it has to be removable (so welding was not a good idea).
During the last few weeks I constructed a small metal-part, went to one of my customers to let it cut with a laser. The result is very easy to use and quite cheap. If you also want to use it, contact me I will send you the construction sketches.
Isolation is achieved by using the yellow profile.

BR,
Werner
Attachments
CF-Trägerlasche seitlich.jpg
CF Trägerlasche frontal.jpg
Andrew Robinson

Re: mounting CF components

Post by Andrew Robinson »

Werner, you have officially peaked my interest with this post! Can you please provide a few more details on your "yellow profile". We currently use 80/20 for all of our research, however building a chassis that integrates HV components in tight spaces has proven difficult for us in the last few months. Recently our solution was to substitute certain sections of the 80/20 frame with 1.5" x 1.5" FRP (where insulation is necessary), however we lose the modularity of 80/20 since the FRP is simply tubular. Before we settled on FRP, we scoured the net and several industrial plastics manufactures for 80/20 style plastic/phenolic extrusions. Is that what you have here??? Or is it simply coated/treated Aluminum? Assuming you have indeed discovered the mystery material we searched for, would you please share some details including material datasheets? I would GREATLY appreciate it!
IMG_20160411_021021.jpg
IMG_20160411_021033.jpg
I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the professor!
Werner Engel

Post by Werner Engel »

That's an easy Task for me: http://fibrolux.com/en/main/grp-profile ... /easy-fit/

BR,
Werner
Andrew Robinson

Excellent! Thanks Werner! Made initial contact. They may not ship to US though unless their site is outdated. Sorry to otherwise steal the thunder. Looks great!
Werner Engel

Post by Werner Engel »

If you order, don't forget to order the nuts too! Others won't fit!
Last edited by Werner Engel on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Robinson

Good to know, thanks!

Return to “Vacuum Technology (& FAQs)”